Urban got rual

Hi Everyone,
Time to time I will have my fellow bloggers featuring in my blog. Its all about making friends ship in the world of blogging. Here is a great entry by Kacee. I love her amazing view about country fashion please read it. And if you like it visit her blog :
http://www.kaceefennelly.blogspot.co.uk/

A dirty procedure, or fashion statement?

Muddy fields, copious amounts of those annoying cattle grids and steep, rocky mountains; no suitable condition to test drive your new 5 inch, nude Louboutins. 




And in the city: dirty wellies, base layers and gators couldn’t be any more unnecessary for a Saturday afternoon fighting through shoppers at Gateshead’s Metro Centre. I’d say a large, heavy handbag would help you win that battle!



But, recently, fashionistas have shown us otherwise. The likes of Barbour coats and Hunter wellies have become daily attire of A-list celebrities and fashion gurus alike. Outdoor wear is the new indoor; rural just got urban! And everybody’s catching on to it.
When I first moved to the Lake District, 6 years ago, the thought of wearing even one Dubarry (never mind the pair) was horrendous!! I didn’t want to be a country bumpkin in my quilted coat and leather/suede riding-style boots. 





Fashion’s constantly changing.
Now, 2012, I’d not only throw on my Barbour whilst slipping my feet in to my wellies, but I’d happily walk through the city centre with my head held high. And I’d know I looked good. So, I can’t even begin to imagine what I’ll have on now in 5 years’ time!
Thinking about all this, I’ve realised that fashion is what YOU make it! 6 years ago, had I worn the coat and boots, my pre-conceived idea of them would have shaped how I saw myself in them. Yet today, I’m a sheep - I feel good because everybody else is wearing it. 
At the end of the day, the trend has to start somewhere…maybe I could’ve set that trend years ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment